Saturday, March 13, 2010

Prophecy: "Once more I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land".

First of all, let’s see what prophecy means: 1- the foretelling or prediction of what is to come; 2- something that is declared by a prophet, esp. a divinely inspired prediction, instruction, or exhortation; 3- a divinely inspired utterance or revelation: oracular prophecies; 4- the action, function, or faculty of a prophet.
I remember, when I was part of a church, at that time called Vineyard, one sunday after the service, talking to a couple ladies, I don't really remember the theme, the only thing I remember is that I told them, I didn't even know why I was saying that (now I know it was a prophecy), this is what I said: God is telling us: "Once again, I will shake the earth". Honestly, I had no clue why I said that, but, a couple weeks latter, the catastrophic event called 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake took place, killing nearly 230,000 people in fourteen countries, and inundating coastal communities with waves up to 30 meters (100 feet) high. Next Sunday after the tsunami, I saw the ladies at the church and one of them came to speak to me about it, she remembered me about what I said. Well, today we are seeing many places being devastated by earthquakes and tsunamis all over the world. Throughout the world there are “signs” that God is fulfilling His promises, as He says in Haggai 2:6-9. Jesus Christ also spoke about the events that will take place before His returning in Matthew 24:7. Humanly speaking is really hard to accept the reality of this truth. Unfortunately, here in America the church is sleeping, not dead, but sleeping. It’s time to wake up and be aware that we’re living in the “last days”, as we read in Hebrews 10:25. The Day he is talking about is the Day of the Lord. Since the tragedy of September 11, God is telling us to wake up. Actually, God assured me that this tragedy was only a warning, an alert, because another event will take place here in America, a catastrophic one, where thousands and thousands of people will lose their lives. I personally don’t know when, where or what will it be, but I have no doubt that it will happened, it’s only a matter of time. This is a prophecy. I’m not claiming to be a prophet. I’m only a servant. I don’t mean to scare you either, to bring fear in your heart, but it’s time to speak about it. I confess to you that I was scared to death when God told me about this event, for many months I fought against it, I refused to accept it, but I knew was God speaking, until one day I read this in 1 John 4:18. I realized that I needed God’s love in my life to stop fearing it. It’s still hard to think and speak about it. I believe it could be different, this event could never happened. But as I said before, we are sleeping, if we don’t wake up, there’s no way to prevent the out coming. We have to do what God tells us to do in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Those are the steps we have to follow in order to be forgiven and to be healed as persons and as a nation. Unfortunately, because the vast majority of Christians he in America think everything is good and it’s going to be even better, they don’t bother to do what God tells them to do. I encourage you to pray about this, to test me before God, I’m a spiritual person and you are commanded to “test the spirits”, 1 John 4:1. May God have mercy on us.

No comments: