Thursday, March 18, 2010

Are You a Dreamer?

Everybody, at least once in their lifetime, dreamed about something and some had their dreams become reality, others didn’t. My point is: If you don’t dream, you’ll never see your dreams become reality. Through the Bible, we see “dreamers” dreaming impossible dreams. The best example is Joseph, the King of Dreams. He was a young man with impossible dreams. Like the one where his family would bow down before him. It’s hard for us to comprehend the deepness of his dream, because we don’t have the same cultural background, for us, the birth right of the first-born means nothing, or at the best, that someone is older than someone else and has some priorities. For them, it was a matter of rullership, a matter of sovereignty, it showed who had the blessings. See how powerful it was in Genesis 27:28-29. Jacob, with his mother’s help, deceived his father to get that blessing. Let’s go back to Joseph’s story. Joseph’s dreams caused him many problems, read his story in Genesis 37. He was sold by his brothers, he was slave in Potifhar’s house, he was thrown in jail unjustly, God remembered him and from being a slave in jail, God put him as a second in command over all Egypt, only pharaoh was more powerful than Joseph. If you pay attention when reading Joseph’s story, you’ll see that it was only God’s treatment for him, God was building His character in Joseph’s life, to accomplish one purpose: Save not only his family, but, all Egypt from dying of hunger. I’m a dreamer, I always had dreams, even if I didn’t see many of them become reality, I still kept dreaming. After being saved, God gave me new dreams, my old dreams were very selfish ones, God’s dreams are unselfish. One of them, I remember exactly when God put it in my heart. I got home from working, got something to eat and also started watching tv. As I started flipping channels (men are good doing it), I stop in one where I saw many children, in Africa, in a big line waiting to get food, the food was something like oat meal with water in a huge pot, then the children started running to get the food, they beat each other, it was chaotic, the little children were behaving like “hungry animals”, all because they were starving to death (literally). That was the most shocking scene I ever saw in my whole life, I was shocked, I couldn't eat, I started crying, crying… For months I couldn’t take that scene out of my mind. At that moment, God put a dream in my heart: Open Orphanages around the world. You can see God assuring me that those dreams will come to pass in the Post Personal Testimony: Fasting, this is the part concerning my dreams: You are also a thinker, a dreamer, a planner, I’m here to tell you that your plans that never worked for you before, because you started to dream something wonderful and started to work and it crunched, but at this time as you put your trust in God, those plans that you’re dreaming of, that are burning in your heart, they will come to pass, the dreams that seemed to be so impossible, they will come to pass, because they were given to you by God, they are come to pass this time, you know why, because now you have decided to concentrate on God, in the past you was fluctuating like a yo-yo, but now God will bless and use you. Until hearing this prophecy, I honestly thought many times that I was crazy, my dreams don’t just "sound" impossible, some of them "are" impossible, but, as they were given by God, they will come to pass, because God is the “God of the Impossible”. After 120 years He sent rain in the desert (Noah); He gave a son to a 100 year old man (Abraham); He turned a slave into a Ruler (Joseph); He turned a coward into a might man of valor (Gideon); A teenager, with God’s power was able to kill a lion, a bear and a giant (David); If they were thrown in an extremely hot furnace, they were not harmed (Daniel and friends); They turned the world “up side down” (Disciples). Why? Because they dreamed God’s dream, they thought God’s thoughts, they walked in God’s ways. Isaiah 55:9.
Conclusion: Don’t be contempt with your “little” dreams, dream God’s dreams. It will take your life “out“ of you, but, God will put His life “in” you. You will loose your life, but, will gain God’s life.

No comments: