Monday, January 25, 2010

Personal Testimony: Rebellion or Disagreement?

Well, when this happened, I was really involved in the church, I was there at least five days a week, playing in the worship team, leading one day of prayer. We were seeing God's move in the prayer time, we're really seeking God. One prayer meeting, there was a newcomer, at least in the prayer meetings; he was coming in the church for a little while. The meeting was going ok, then he asked to speak, he started saying that I was in rebellion against the Pastor, among other things, it was awful. Then, he asked to speak to me privately, I agreed to do that. He said other things and he also said that God was telling me that He would make me a meek person, this last thing God told me before. So, I got so discouraged, confused, sad, that I started questioning everything, even if I was a born-again Christian, I even questioned God's love for me. The man's words almost killed me (spiritually speaking). I was sure I had disagreements with the Pastor, but everything the Pastor told me to do, I did. I didn't make much sense, worst of all; I didn't know the difference between Rebellion and Disagreement. Well, after a couple weeks, one morning I was praying and God spoke to me about that gentleman, then at night, in the prayer meeting, a lady came to speak to me, she was desperate, she was terrified. She said: "God told me to come and speak to you, because you know what's going on". That was it, she didn't say anything else. She was shocked. Then I said: "Did that gentleman laid hands on you to anoint you?" Her answer was: "How do you know that?" I replied: "God told me this morning what's going on". She felt on the chair, then I called the pastor and another leader. The lady told us: "This morning, when my husband was leaving to take our daughter to school, I hugged her and seemed that it was the last time I was seeing her and my husband alive, it was a terrible feeling. When they left, I started praying, crying before God, and asking why I was feeling like that, I stood like that for hours. In the afternoon, when my husband returned with our daughter, he said that morning they almost got involved in a car crash, he said if they crashed, they would die for sure. That's why God called me to pray so fervently that morning." Then I said to the Pastor that God spoke to me that morning about the gentleman. Well, the Pastor allowed this gentleman to lead one group of people, and he was teaching them about gifts and anointing. The Pastor called this gentleman, me and the other leader, and we had a private meeting. There, this man started talking about his life. Before, he was a Pastor in Mexico, but had to come to United States to work, he needed money because his daughter needed a surgery or something like that. Then, he told something really strange, he said that one day an angel appeared to him and told him to write something, the angel told him to write in spanish, portuguese and in an indian dialect that he had no clue what tribe it came from, he had no clue what he was writing. The angel told him to transcribe many times, and as he was doing that, he said he felt power coming into him (creeeeepy). Well, then my Pastor gave me the opportunity to speak, I started saying to the man that he was lying when he said that I was in rebellion against the Pastor, that we had some disagreements, but didn't mean that I was in rebellion. Well, that was a huge lesson. When the Bible says in 1 John 4:1, it literally means that we MUST test the spirits, otherwise they will deceive us. Well, Rebellion means Disobedience, Disagreement means Discordance. We clearly see that difference in Matthew 21:28-31. Of course Jesus prayed to the Father that we'd became ONE as He and the Father are ONE. As Jesus commanded us, we should pursue that UNITY.

No comments: