Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Personal Testimony: The Glory of God

As I said before, I was a newspaper deliverer. That time, early morning, used to be my time with God, time when God taught me many times about many things, one of them, was about His Glory. One Sunday morning, I was praying, suddenly the Holy Spirit spoke to me, He said: "Today, at the worship time, you will see My Glory". I got very excited, expecting to see great things (the earth shaking, everyone falling down, etc.). The worship started, I was leading, looking all over, checking everyone out and expecting to see huge things happening. The music was terribly horrible, it sound like everyone was playing a different song, and playing it bad, I mean, awfully bad. The worship time ended, I was so disappointed with God, with me, with the worship team, because nothing happened, and the music was awful. After the Service, the sound guy came and gave me a tape with the worship, I told him: "Man, this was the worst music I ever heard, we never played worse than that. I don't want it. Then, after a while, he came and tried to give me the tape again, I said the same thing. Then, he came again, and said: "I don't know why but I have to give you this tape". I got it. I knew he would come back again, and again... Well, the other day, early morning, I was literally crying and asking God why I made a huge mistake like that (I thought so), asking why God said I would see His Glory and I didn't see anything. After a while, I heard God saying: "Listen to the tape". I heard that three times (I even said loudly: "Why listen to such a horrific music"), but then I gave up and started listening. It was worse then I thought. But at certain point, I heard someone crying, and then I put the volume higher, sure enough, someone was crying, like we cry when we loose a loved one. Then the Holy Spirit said: "I was showing My Glory to you, but you didn't see, because you had wrong expectations". Then God remembered me about Elijah, when he fled from jezebel, 1 Kings 19, God said I was expecting to see a great and strong wind, an earthquake, but He was in the still small voice (the person crying in the background). What a lesson. Next Sunday morning, God told me again: "Today, at the worship time, you will see My Glory". Well, at this time, I was ok, my expectations were very low, like, whatever happens, I'm ok with that. Then, I was leading worship again, then the Holy Spirit touched me, I felt so weak that I almost felt down, it was amazing, then I heard and saw a lady crying right in front of me, then she started shaking, then she felt in the aisle and was shaking really bad, then God said: "You are seeing My Glory". That was truly amazing; unfortunately, two men came and took her and put her back in the seat. In the follow week, Monday was wonderful, Tuesday morning even better, and then I got home from delivering newspapers, usually about 6am, but, about 9am, my sister called from Brazil, I answer the phone and she said: "run and turn the tv on". That was the exact time when the second plane hit the south tower. I was speechless, I felt to the sofa, and those were the only words that came out of my mouth: "Jesus Christ is coming back". At that time, I was crying, It was horrible, I couldn't understand what was going on, then, a Godly Joy, I never experienced that before, filled my heart, I had such peace and joy, indescribable. Then at night, in the church, at the prayer time (we had prayer seven days a week), we were there, praying, then at 8:00pm a lot of people entered the room, from our church and another church the pastor invited. Everybody was really sad, praying, trying to understand what was happening, then, at 10:00pm sharp, everybody left, in the room was just me, pastor's wife, her mother, another sister and Mrs. Mary, the lady I talked about in the beginning, the one God touched. We kept praying, and then the Holy Spirit said to me: "Go and pray for Mrs. Mary, I want to finish what I started last Sunday". I did, then God put the same joy I had on Mrs. Mary, she started laughing, then she felt to the floor, the pastor's wife, her mother and Ileana (other sister) also felt to the floor and couldn't stop laughing. I've never seeing something like that, we're all laughing, I was standing, the ladies were on the floor, such a joy that I can't explain. After a while we stopped, but it was amazing. I literally saw the Glory of God. God also taught me about what the Bible calls unity. We were at the church praying almost everyday, we're in the Same Spirit, with the same desire: To Know God Intimately. So, if you are skeptical, like I used to be, the only thing I can say to you is: Unless you give yourself entirely to God, trust Him with all your heart and get rid of your pride, you'll never experience what God has for you.

No comments: