Thursday, February 17, 2011

Complacency: A Disgraceful Grace.

As of today, the most common definition of grace I heard is: An unmerited (undeserved) pardon (forgiveness). Well, I always bought it, until today (silly right?). When writing this post, I came across with different definitions and distinctions of grace, making my already shortsighted view of grace even shorter (cuckoo). The problem with this limited view of grace is that it is a half-truth (since Jesus Christ is the Truth, there's no half-Jesus). I say that because this vision of grace has a limited application. We could apply it in the case of our salvation: Ephesians 2:8. But, if you consider grace as an unmerited pardon only, how do you reconcile what the Bible says in John 1:14; John 1:17. Can you say that Jesus was full of unmerited pardon? If so, what did Jesus had to be pardoned (forgiven) of? Was He guilty of something? Yep, I know it is a complex subject, right now my mind is twisting and turning trying to make sense of it (I’m praying right now to have a clear understanding about God’s grace). To make matters worse, read this passages: Psalm 45:2; Proverbs 3:34; Proverbs 22:11; Zechariah 12:10; Luke 2:40; Acts 4:33; Acts 13:43. Pay attention to what the Bible says in Luke 2:40; Luke 4:17-19. How about this: Acts 13:43; Galatians 3:3Galatians 5:16. And this: Romans 8:26; 2 Corinthians 12:9; Acts 1:8. Well, then you ask: What all of this have to do with Complacency? I’m glad you asked! Here is what Complacency means: The feeling you have when you are satisfied with yourself. Why is Complacency a Disgraceful Grace? Because it's not the grace of GodMatthew 16:24. Today, this is the church’s motto: I’m leaving my life by the grace of God! Yeah right. If Jesus Christ said that we must loose our lives: Matthew 10:39; Matthew 16:25; Mark 8:35; Luke 9:24Luke 17:33; John 12:25. The question is: Are you satisfied with yourself?
Conclusion: What is now my understanding about grace? Grace is the Holy Spirit in me, helping me to lose my life, therefore, fulfilling God’s Will for Me. James 4:6. Don't be complacent, be filled with the Holy Spirit!

No comments: