Saturday, January 2, 2010

Personal Testimony: My Son.

From the beginning, God worked with me in an unconventional ways, I had two ways to go: Was everything or nothing! In fact, that was my very first prayer to God, after he saved me. I prayed: "Lord, if You're not willing to give everything you have for me, I don't want anything". It sounds a little radical, but after a while, I realized that it was just what God was expecting from me (He expects that from all of us). Like Jesus wrote to the church of church of the Laodiceans in Revelation 3:15-16. The problem with that "hot or cold" way of living, is that you have to be aware of the consequences, because God will start to speak to you, through other people, directly, through circumstances, etc., and that's really tough, because a lot of times it doesn't make any sense, and you'll find yourself thinking: "Am I crazy or what?". Of course, people will also tell you: "You're crazy". But, just think about all of the men and women of God in the Bible, were they crazy or they just chose to believe and obey God? Today it's not different. Everyday we have to make choices, like: what to say, drink, eat, dress, etc. It's not different with the faith issue, we have to choose to believe or not. And "hot or cold" means: You believe or you don't! Of course if you say you believe and don't practice, your faith is dead, meaning, you don't really believe. Another example I can give is my son. Four months after I got married, I got home from work, and was checking emails and downloading some songs, the program is called "Napster". Suddenly, a window opened up and a guy started talking to me. This is the actual conversation, originally in spanish:
Prophet: Dios te bendiga (God bless you)
Julio: hola (Hi)
Prophet: Dios me lo puso en mi corazon que te diga eso. Cuantos anos tienes? 32? (God put in my heart to tell you this. How old are you? 32?)
Julio: si. Qual es tu nombre? (Yes. What’s your name?)
Prophet: Cristian. Dios me lo revelo (Cristian. God revealed to me)
Julio: mucho gusto (Nice to meet you)
Prophet: pero tengo palabra de dios para ti, me esta hablando de ti, dice Dios que esta muy contento contigo (i have a word from God to you, He is talking about you, God says He is happy with you)
Julio: que bueno, donde vives? (Good, where do you live?)
Prophet: has pasado por muchos problemas y muchas tentaciones y por un tiempo estuviste perdido pero el senor dice Yo te amo (You had a lot of problems and temptations and for a time you were lost, but God says to you: I love you)
Prophet: hay mas (there’s more)
Prophet: dice el Senor que tu hijo sera una gran bendicion para tu y toda tu familia. Dios dice que lo va a usar mucho a el pero que lo cuides mucho y que lo levantes en los caminos del Senor. (God is saying that your Son will be a great blessing to you and your whole family. God says He will use him (son) a lot, but you have to take care of him and teach him in the Lord’s ways.
Prophet: eso es todo que me ha dicho el senor (That’s what God told me)
Julio: hijo? me casei hace 4 meses (A Son? I got married 4 months ago)
Prophet: vas a tener un hijo (You will have a son)
Julio: donde estas usted? (Where are you now?)
Prophet: yo vivo en washington state, en los estados unidos (I live in Washington State, USA)
Prophet: mira que yo no te conozco a usted y yo sabia que tenias 32 anos (Look, I don’t know you and I knew you were 32 years old)
Julio: yo vivo en el suburbio de chicago (I live in chicago suburbs)
Prophet: lo que has leido no son palabras mias, si no de dios (What you read are not my words, but God’s)
Julio: yo lo creo (I believe)
Prophet: si necesitas horacion, por favor mandame un email (If you need prayer, send me an email)
Prophet: dios te bendiga (God Bless you)
Prophet: eres bautisado en agua? (Are you baptized in waters?)
Julio: no
Prophet: lo necesitas hacer (You have to do it)
Julio: ok
Julio: voy a una iglesia mexicana aqui (I go to a mexican church here)
Prophet: dios me dijo que tu no eres bautisado en agua. el quiere que lo hagas (God told me you’re not baptized in waters, He wants you to do it)
Julio: yo soy brasileno (I’m brazilian)
Prophet: lea san marcos 16:16 (Read Marc 16:16)
Prophet: yo soy argentino (I’m argentinian)
Prophet: pero mandame un email si necesitas horacion (send me an email if you need prayer)
Prophet: dios te bendiga (God bless you)
Julio: ok
Julio: a ti tambien (you too)

So, next day at church, in the prayer meeting, I asked the pastor if I could be baptized in waters (i was baptized when I was about 15 years old, in the Presbyterian church, so I didn't even believed that I have to be baptized again, worst of all, in the waters? No way. My tradition didn't allow me to do that), the pastor said: "Man, what a coincidence. I'm about to start a class of baptism. of course you can be baptized". I was baptized in waters. After a while, we started trying to have a child, of course we couldn't. Then, the Holy Spirit reminded me about His Promise. After that I was in peace. About 5 years later, my wife got pregnant, wonderful, God's promise being fulfilled. Interestingly enough, a lot of people start saying a girl was coming, even my sister dreamed about a baby girl. She said she was sure about it. Well, I kept saying it was a boy, because God said to me it was a boy. Then we had the first ultrasound. The technician said: "I'm 100% sure it's a girl" (she even wrote: It's a girl). Then came the doctor and said: "I'm not 100%, but at least 80% sure it's a girl". After that, everybody was saying I was either crazy or at least stubborn. I was still standing for what I believed, until one day, a friend of mine asked me: "Are you sure God was specific or generic when He spoke about the child?" That struck me like a lightening, my faith up to that point, was firm like a house built in a rock, after that, was more like a house built in the quicksand. Then I started praying like never before, asking God if I was right or wrong, if I had faith or was just because I wanted a baby boy. Then, after couple days, I heard (when I say I heard the Holy Spirit, I don't mean a voice like ours, but the assurance in my heart just like someone speaking to me) the Holy Spirit saying : " What I said, I said". That was all. God gave me so much peace, that I decided to believe like I did before. Then, my wife had the second ultrasound. With confidence, the doctor said: "It's a boy!" At the hospital, in the delivery room (my wife had a C-section), the doctor called me to explain what was going on (the reason why my wife took so long to get pregnant). My wife had 2 fibroids and Endometriosis. The second one, according to the doctor, was in a stage that makes the pregnancy impossible to happen. The doctor said: "This baby is a miracle". Of course we knew that. It was all a Test; God's plan from the beginning was to grow my faith. So, I can tell you one thing, if you're going through trials and difficulties: "Don't give up! Keep believing." As Jesus said to Martha in John 11:40. Besides David, God gave us a baby girl (just as in my sister's dream), her name is Camilla.
 
 
 
 

No comments: